Thursday 6 February 2014

YouTube Obsession

This is more like a confession but I am OBSESSED with youtube!! What started as me looking for online reviews on hair curling wands a year or so ago has grown to a full on addiction to the lives of 'youtube beauty gurus' and sadly sometimes their boyfriends (Jim Chapman). I started watching Tanya Burr as I couldn't believe how she could transform her face with make-up. Don't get me wrong she is a beautiful young 20-something but with some eye make-up and careful conturing she looks like a sexy vamp. To be honest, I am more fascinated at the amount of product these fresh faced young women are putting on their faces and how much older they appear than I am about learning how to apply liquid eyeliner but I do pick up some great tips and beauty recommendations. My recent favourites are Vivianna Does Makeup and Essie Button and both of these girls have led to my recent purchases of Alpha-H Liquid Gold (A-Mazing!!), Hourglass Arch Brown Sculpting Pencil ($48 but is the perfect powder/wax consistency, I swear) and Dior Creme de Rose lip balm. Ok, so at $30 (for lip balm!!!) I probably didn't need this but the packaging is so darn cute and my initials are CD...yep, this YouTube thing is not good. Prior to this I've changed foundation to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (thanks Fleur De Force), bought a Clarisonic Mia, Shu Uemura eyelash curlers, Bumble & Bumble shampoo and conditioner, Oribe Texturising Spray and the list goes on. Seeing how their reviews can obviously influence a 30-something women, it's no surprise that these young ladies are doing this 'Beauty Guru' business full time, turning a hobby into a career and raking in the cash. Check out their youtube videos and try not be influenced, I dare you. I'm off to go see what the SacconeJoly's got up to yesterday. That is a story for another day...


















Tanya Burr before and afters 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I have the Alpha H liquid gold. I have to say, it does seem to have some magical properties.

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig