Tuesday 5 November 2013

Oreo and M&M Slice


My friend Erin sent me a link to these amazing M&M Oreo Cookie Bars. They looked and sounded like a winning combination so I gave them a go last weekend. I adapted the original recipe using 115g butter as we don't have sticks of butter in Australia and I substituted original M&Ms for peanut. When I make them again I'll use the originals as the peanuts were a little over powering. As the original recipe suggests, you could really add any confectionery you have in the cupboard into the basic mix.

115g unsalted butter, melted
1 egg
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 pack of Oreo Original Cookies, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup M&Ms

Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm square cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
Mix the butter, egg, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with a whisk until smooth.  Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't over mix. Stir in the Oreos. Pour mix into prepared tin, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula. Sprinkle the M&Ms over the top, lightly pressing them down. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool in the tin before slicing into pieces.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. OMG....I have to make this with my five year old son...This is delicious!! Bisou Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks sooo delicious and scrumptious - yum, yum, YUM. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo naughty! How delicious...peanut M&Ms are never ever too much Carla! Peanut butter M&Ms too! My fave xx

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig