Monday 6 August 2012

My Beauty Essentials

I am by no means a beauty guru – I hardly even wear make-up – but I do have a few beauty products that I cannot live without...







































Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
My all time favourite cleanser, creamy without being oily it removes all traces of make-up (even mascara) and the muslin cloth provides gentle daily exfoliation without harsh abrasion. I use this nightly before applying moisturiser. It’s not available in Australia or online so I rely on family and friends in the UK to send it to me.

Clarisonic
Believe all the hype, it’s amazing – improving skintone and reducing the size of pores. I have the Mia, which is one speed, one button and takes only one minute. The head is like a big electric toothbrush with 300 movements per second, gently cleaning and clarifying the skin like nothing else. You can use it with the Clarisonic cleansers, or any other non abrasive or foaming cleanser (I use Cetaphil), in the shower - yes it’s cordless and waterproof! The Mia is $149 and Available at Myer and David Jones.

Cetaphil
The cheap, simple, gentle skin cleanser developed my dermatologists. It’s not soap based so doesn’t dry out or strip my skin like some cleansers can. I use on my Clarisonic in the morning.

Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder
I literally look like death without bronzer and I’ve tried a few but have been using this one for 10 years. It’s creamy and velvety and never orange or dirty brown (you know the ones) and it has no glitter at all which is a rarity with most bronzers. I use it with the Guerlain Terracotta Retractable Kabuki Brush.

Amcal Fake Tan
I know it’s not good but I love a tan – I look and feel better with a golden glow. When I can’t get the real thing but want some colour that’s never streaky or orange I use Amcal Fake Tan. Yes at $9.95 for a huge tube it’s cheap but I’ve tried all the expensive brands and always come back to this. If you’re after a real looking, golden tan this is the product for you.

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
A cult product that I am late to adopt. My mother swears by it and maybe it’s that I never needed it before, but now I’m older (and ashen and dull most days) it gives me skin and instant radiance. I use with and without foundation on the days I need to look awake (you know the ones).

YSL Touche Eclat
Another cult beauty product, this iconic highlighter brings radiance to the dullest of complexions. A must for every make-up bag!

Carmex Lip Balm
Dirt cheap but moisturizes my dry cracked lips. I get the cherry flavour pots from ASOS and have one in my make-up bag, one in the car and one in my drawer at work.

Klorane Dry Shampoo
I have been using this miracle product for years, between washes and to give my clean hair tons of volume.

OPI Privacy Please
A lovely pale pink colour that’s perfect for both fingers and toes. Understated, polished and natural it goes with everything.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig